Roof Crafters Installation Reminder!
We would like to take this time to remind you that we will be at your home tomorrow to start your roofing project. Expect your crew from around 6:30 a.m. to 8:00 a.m. for a normal start time. Please allow for traffic, equipment, and weather issues that could delay your crew’s arrival time.
[city] [state] [zip]
[house_image] Shingle Color: [work_order_color]
Please refer to our pre-job checklist below. If you have any questions or concerns please don’t hesitate to call your project manager anytime.
Don’t Have Time To Read The Checklist? Listen To It On Our Podcast!
Or, Check Out Our YouTube Video
Meet the team that will assist you with your roofing project, as well as other team members you may see on your project or speak with during the job process:
Getting a new roof installed on your house is a great way to update your home and increase curb appeal. Roof Crafters has outlined what you can expect during and after your roof installation.
General Roof Installation:
**Material For Your Roofing Job Will Arrive The Day Before or The Morning Of The Project, Roof Crafters Does Not Deliver This Material and Has No Control Over The Delivery Schedule, Please Make Note That Roof Crafters Does Not Know What Time The Material Will Be Dropped At Your Home**
- If you have any pets, you might want to work with your company representative to see if they need to be put up for the roof installation.
- ***Please Take Note*** If water/A/C lines are not properly installed in your attic it is possible to hit them in a re-roofing project, there is no way to see these nor know where they might be, Roof Crafters LLC is not responsible for inadvertently hitting Water, Electric or A/C lines during the project that is improperly installed in the attic. However rare this might be IT IS POSSIBLE!
- Take appropriate measures to protect any valuable items in your garden/yard, e.g., statues, planters, etc.
- Even though we use the Equipter debris removal system and use tarps where appropriate, some nails and debris could still get in your yard. Mowing your lawn prior to the roofing job aids tremendously in the cleanup and removal of nails, if your grass is high when we do the roofing project expect nails to remain after the cleanup. Roof Crafters IS NOT RESPONSIBLE for any damage incurred after we leave your home. If you would like one last sweep of your yard, please ask while the crew is still there.
- Make sure gates are either left open for the contractors or ask that they close the gates behind them at all times.
- If there are special requests, make sure you let your production manager know about those in advance of the job starting.
- Prior to job start, please take all pictures and valuables off outer walls and off shelves, roofing makes vibrations that could cause these to fall and be damaged.
- When we re-roof, we remove the old felt from your roof’s deck, which will cause debris to fall between cracks in your decking, so please cover all valuables in your attic and be mindful this could cause a post-job cleanup to be needed. Roof Crafters is not responsible for this debris. If this could be a problem, please talk to our production manager or the crew chief at your home.
- After the roof is installed it will normally take several weeks depending on the weather conditions and temperature for the shingles to thermal seal and lie flat. It takes heat from the sun to make this happen. Do not worry if your shingles do not lie flat at the end of the job. If they have not thermally sealed within a couple of weeks and you have had some worm days, please give us a call.
- After we strip the deck of all felt and do our inspection, we will stop the job and meet with you if we find more than two sheets (64 SQ FT) of decking that need to be replaced. Roof Crafters will replace two sheets as part of the job and any other decking will be done at $50.00 per sheet.
- At the end of the job, there will be material left over. We over order to make sure we have plenty of material on hand to finish the job. This extra material belongs to Roof Crafters and is not part of the job material and will be picked up within three (3) business days of the job completion.
- Please make sure all vehicles are out of the driveway and away from the house so that no debris can fall on them and cause any damage.
- During a skylight replacement debris can fall into your home, please cover anything beneath your skylights or ask your production supervisor to do it for you.
- In rare cases when resetting the satellite dish, we may not be able to realign it to its exact position. This occurs more often when going from a 3-tab shingle to an architectural shingle due to the difference between a flat shingle to a laminate shingle. However, this can happen on any project. If this occurs, you will need to call your satellite company and have them come and realign your dish.
Final day/finishing up on the job:
- Your company representative or production manager will do a final walk-through with you; this is where you make sure we have done everything we said we would do.
- The crew will do a sweep of your yard for loose nails and other debris. If you have any concerns about debris, please ask our project manager or your production supervisor. We will do the best job possible however it is very possible a few nails might not be found. Roof Crafters, LLC is not responsible for any debris after we leave the job site.
- When the job is complete, and the crew has completed the final clean up your project manager will do a final walk around your home and inspect the job with you. Our project manager will explain the entire job to you. When you are satisfied the job is completed to your satisfaction, they can do a final settlement of your account and collect the final check.
- Your warranty information will be put in your SSA client portal after the final payment for the roof has been received. If you have any questions about your warranty, please call our office at 225-667-1189.
Click the link below to go to your SSA Client Portal where you can stay up to date on your project and view all of your files.
Once in your SSA client portal click on the Job Name to view all of your files, normally named roof or repair.